Sunday, June 8, 2008

Together is our Favorite Place to Be!!!

I'm so glad when Daddy comes home. I know the kids felt like this but holy cow, so did I!! LeGrand got home from Missouri last night and we are SOOO happy to be all together again!!! I don't know if it was the fact that this is the first time he's gone when we had 4 kids, that it was longer than normal or that I was wishing we could have been in Ohio for Ammon's Graduation, but this was hard for me. The kids did amazing actually and we had a lot of fun, we just missed LeGrand. It felt soooo good to have him home last night and to be able to fall asleep in his arms. That totally beats sleeping with the kids in our bed, it was fun to have some slumber parties while dad was gone, but this everyone in our bed it was crowded!;)

When LeGrand got home the kids did a huge dog pile on dad(as you can see). LeGrand brought the
kids home a little surprise , they were little lights that you can clip on a book so you can read at night. The kids LOVED them, and as you can see they got creative and clipped them on hats and became explorers!! They had so much fun with their little lights!! Thanks dad!!

When LeGrand speaks in a new state he's started a tradition. He brings home a magnet from that state. We were able to add a Missouri one to our collection...How fun...Know LeGrand has spoke in California, Nevada, Utah, Alabama, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Idaho... I might be missing a few, but you get the idea!!

If you can tell the kids were just so excited to play with daddy that it took us a while to calm them down. Together is our favorite place to be!

5 comments:

Kip and Lindsay said...

Such a good daddy! Such a cute family! :0)

Yasmine said...

Oh no, you're making me nervous for my upcoming four months of widow-hood. Tell me it will be okay, tell me it will be okay, tell me.....

Becca said...

Yaz you are going to do just fine!! We missed LeGrand, but we still did have alot of fun!!! You can do it!! I'll be praying for you!!

Becca said...

becs you have such an ADORABLE family! I just love you all so much and I love being able to feel your enthusiasm and love for your family. you are one of my favorite people :)

Kirsten said...

Becca- This is a seriously adorable post. You guys are such a cute and amazing family and we really look up to you a lot. You do a great job of making family first and about being each other's best friends. I know the feeling of Daddy being gone and I bet it was a very happy reunion when he got home! Isn't family such a great thing? I love the magnet tradition too! I'll have to be on the look out for an Ohio one! P.S. We miss you guys a lot for the graduation but no worries you will be here soon!