Monday, November 17, 2008

Kolby's 10 months old!

Kolby is already 10 months old...I'm a little slow getting this post out and thought I better do it before he turns 11 months old... Kolby is such a cute kiddo!!! I mean seriously couldn't you just eat him up?!?! Kolby is loving getting stronger he crawls everywhere, gets into everything and loves it! It's fun but really busy...I swear he can crawl up the stairs in a matter of seconds(lucky for us he slides down backwards on his tummy already which makes it much easier!) He can pull all the books off the bookshelf in 2 seconds...he loves to get into the cupboards...He's so sweet, and soooooo busy!!! Kolby loves walking along furniture or holding onto our fingers...and he can stand there all by himself for a few seconds too.. It won't be long before he's running everywhere...Kolby has 7 teeth now and loved trying new table foods every day!! His new trick is to pick up a handful of cheerios and drop them all over the floor on purpose.... ok he's just really smart, cause he knows that if they are on the floor, he'll have a snack for later...

He's our little vacuum cleaner...everything goes in his mouth...ok get ready for my sad, sad story!!!! We were all playing at the park when Ammon, Kirsten and Mom and Dad were here and Kolby was just playing on the grass right next to me...I looked over and it looked like he had something in his mouth, which happens all the time...so I checked to see what he had put in there and what I found made me soooooo sad....I felt like the worst mom in the world.....Kolby had a cigarette butt in his mouth!!! UUUGGGGGHHHHH!!! I couldn't believe it! I felt like an idiot for not catching it before that nasty thing ended up in my baby's mouth...then I felt mad at the dork who left it on the ground.....Yes....sad, sad story!!!

So now on a happier note.....the other day I wanted to do an experiment....you see, Brayden is all boy....from the time he was little he loved BOY things, cars, ball, etc... when we were expecting Adelyn I got Brayden a baby doll...LeGrand wasn't too happy with this, but I thought he would love it...I was totally wrong... he NEVER wanted to play with it....Then when Adelyn was born she came out all girly, the girlyer the better... so as I looked at Kolby I thought, now that he loves to play with things and we have both boy and girl things which one will he want to play with... I got out some baby dolls and My Little Ponies and Barbies.... and then I got out some Trucks, Cars and Ball..... It was so funny, he watched me get the girl things out and he just sat there....as soon as he saw all the cars and trucks he was right there pushing cars around in a matter of seconds, as happy as can be.... Now if I ever need to distract him from something or make him happy I just have to hand him one of these and he will just crawl around everywhere pushing it... Soooo Cute!!! It's fun, all 4 of the kiddos will just sit there playing with the cars together...I'll have to get some pictures of it, cause it's adorable!! So yes, I can say that Kolby is ALL BOY too!!

10 comments:

Megan said...

He's so sweet Becca! I've been so happy that we've gotten together twice over the past few weeks. I can't wait to get together again at Thanksgiving!!

Bowen Family said...

What a beautiful boy!!! Your kids are so cute and it's fun to hear about them. Stories like that cigarette butt are ones to add to the collection to laugh about. My "mother of the year" moment recently was being in a public restroom, washing my hands while holding Hannah, but not realizing I was standing too close to the paper towel dispenser until Hannah sneezed and hit her face on it. How dumb is that?

You're awesome!

Kirsten said...

Can he get any cuter?!?! He reminds me more and more of Brayden everyday! I can't believe he is getting so close to a year old. It seems like he was just born. He is adorable!!!

And don't you even worry about that cigarrette butt! I was standing right there too and I didn't see it either!! Kids put everything in their mouths...even melty beads....;-(

I promise this will be somewhat comical in about 14 years! Plus, my daughter is infamous for eating toilet paper, from the toilet, with urine on it. So gross!!! And it is more than a one time repepeated offense!! ;-)

You are a great mom!!!!! And aunt too!

Tara said...

Love the pic of him with the aerobe around his head. What a cute little guy!

Tara

kelly said...

Fun, fun post! l need to do one for Peyton soon. She is 10 months today, I can't believe how quickly they are growing, sometimes I wish time would just slow way down. Sad about the cigarette butt, don't feel bad though. The last thing people like us would think about would be a cigarrete butt on the ground. He is such a good mix of the 2 of you, he has changed in the last few months and I can see lots more of you in him, he's a cutie. Oh yeah, peyton likes girl toys best, too bad we don't have any. I'm glad Christmas is right aroung the corner, we need some girlie things for her!

~H said...

Ok that blog just made us miss you guys even more!! I can't believe he is getting so big! That is so adorable! I love his huge smile with that fun car in his hands! He loves it! You have such an adorable family! We sure love you guys! xoxo! We are excited to see you when we are down for Thanksgiving! xoxoo Love you all tons and tons!

Janelle Ehat said...

Holy cuteness! Okay those are the cutest pictures of Kolby that you've posted yet!! He's so so so adorable!!

Carrie said...

What a doll, Becca! You have such a cute, sweet family! Hope you guys are doing well!

Brandi Lyn said...

May i just say you have the most beautiful children in the whole wide world?? And um, in 25 hours...the best love story of all time (with the exception of ours ous of course) is coming to theaters! A moment of silence please...

Yasmine said...

It's funny how boys just naturally become boys. I bought Hunter a baby doll and stroller when McKay was born and he wanted nothing to do with the baby doll. He put his cars and airplanes in the stroller and pushed them around! Looks like Kolby already knows what he wants! He's so stinkin' cute--just like his parents!