Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Jen's Birthday, Twilight and Strep

So Friday was a day we had all been waiting for....It was Jen's Birthday!!! Yeahhhh!!!! Jen I love you!! You are one of my favorite people!! We couldn't have picked a better activity to do to celebrate Jen's Birthday than go to Twilight, since Jen is one of the biggest Twilight fans I know(Brandi, Candace you girls are right up there with her...) I think Jen had read all the Twilight books at least 6 times each...So of course we all bought tickets a month early so we could be sure to get in.... We went out to dinner at 5:00 at Red Robin (soooo Yummy!!) Thanks for sharing your pictures with me Candace!! You are the best! So here is a picture of most of us...Cari and Monica had already left to wait in line for us...almost 3 hours early..:) Here's Penny(Jen's Mom) and Jen!!! Happy Birthday Jen!! Julie, Candace, Jen and Me of course!
After we ate Candace and I ran through the mall to find some games to play while we waited for the movie to start...We ended coming back with Apples to Apples and a bowling ball set... we thought it would be fun to bowl while we wait, but there wasn't enough room..sad;) but Apples to Apples is always fun!! ***Sad note***Friday I woke up with a huge headache....but I wasn't going to let a headache stop me....the problem was that it kept getting worse and worse...by the time we were sitting waiting for the movie to start I hurt all over, my head was spinning and I felt week, feverish and my throat started hurting...I was trying to be tough but I guess I'm pretty wimpy cause everyone could tell I wasn't my usual talkative self...I've never been at the Theater this early and waited this long, being sick probably made it feel longer, but I'm glad I was with these girls!! I'm grateful for good friends. It was fun to be there with everyone, the movie was disappointing...I'm not totally sure if it's because I was sick and felt miserable the whole movie, or if it was really that bad...everyone we went with thought it was pretty bad, that it was low budget and way to corny...

LeGrand hasn't read the books, but he wants to go see it. We are going with Kathryn and Nathan Stitt on Friday night!! I'm excited to see it again now that I'm feeling better, when I know what to expect, I hope I can try to watch it not with a critical eye, but just go to enjoy it....I still think the book blows the movie out of the water..but what do you expect...it's TWILIGHT!!
On Saturday morning I felt worse than I EVER remember feeling...my throat was closed up and hurt unbearably, so I did what I haven't done in years and years(at least for myself, and having babies doesn't count) I went to the Doctor, I found out I have STREP....I've been in bed for days... LeGrand had been amazing... and I'm starting to finally feel better!! Yeahhhh!!!!

5 comments:

kelly said...

How sad! All the males in my house had strep too. Peyton and I were spared somehow. I wish you would have liked the movie better. I've seen it twice now. I went with friends opening night at the 12:01 showing and then again Saturday night with different friends. It was low budget, because it was low budget, now they have lots of money and the nest ones won't be low budget! I also thought it was corny, but in a cute way, the books were super corny too, so how could the movie not be?! I didn't like who they cast for Edward until I saw the movie, I thought he played the part really well. The 2 things I was dissappointed about were Bella's eye's rolling back and crossing in the ballet studio scene and the Vampires make-up, especially Carlisle's. Overall I loved it though and can't wait to see more!!!

Bowen Family said...

Becca - I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick! I think strep hits adults so hard and you feel awful. Plus, it's hard when you're the mom! I can't wait to see Twilight as well. Now that Kirsten is back in town, we'll have to go see it! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Cristy said...

Hey Becca-
If you can get through the movie without the boys making fun of it (good luck) you WILL enjoy it more now that you know what to expect!
Glad that you are feeling better!

..Kris Naven.. said...

I felt the same way when I saw it the first time! But the second time I went and just told myself to just watch it as a movie, and not analyize it as a book, and I absolutely LOVED it! I hope you do too! Sorry you aren't feeling well- hope you feel better, and hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jaime said...

I'm excited to see Twilight. I think we'll go tonight or Friday night. Sounds like you had quite an adventure in seeing it. That's too bad that you didn't feel very well.