Saturday, May 21, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen

The past few years before Grandma and Grandpa Ras moved down to my parents house I had the privilege to go over to their house a several times a week and help them. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I had to serve them and spend a lot of time with them. Our family really enjoyed this time with Grandma and Grandpa. It was hard to see them getting older. I'm hoping our kiddos have good memories with their Great Grandparents and not just memories of them sick in bed. But even if that's what they remember hopefully they will also remember how much they were loved. I hope they remember how important it is to be of service to those around you...


We would make Meals and organize the pills....

I'd cut Grandpa's hair and curl Grandma's hair....



Cleaned the House


We visited and tried to cheer them up. I heard tons of awesome stories from when they were young. I LOVED talking with them!!


Visiting Grandpa after his leg surgery...










I love how Grandpa is clapping for the kids.. That was soooo like him!!


We put up decorations for the holidays and took them down...




We did yard work








We redid their bathroom floor





Sometimes it tuckered us out



Even when G&G were in bed the kids knew they were always welcomed!! They loved cuddling with Grandma and Grandpa!!




I'm so grateful to my parents, especially my mom for taking such good care of Grandma now and Grandpa in the last months of his life. I know they are in good hands and I'm grateful for my moms sacrifice in their behalf. She is a great example to me!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh this post made my heart happy! Thanks Becca

I sure love these two wonderful people!! Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen!