Monday, July 20, 2009

My Baptism

My Baptism day was so special because lots of people came to see me get baptized. My dad baptized me and gave me the Holy Ghost. When I got baptized I felt warm all over. When I came out of the water I felt like I turned into a new person because I felt cleaner. I felt happy. I know that the church is true. I know that Heavenly Father is happy with my choice to join the church. I know that my family loves me and is happy with my choice too. I want to be good.
---By Brayden Laing
Here are some of our dear friends and family that came to support us on this special day!! Thank you everyone!! We felt so loved!!!! For those of you that couldn't come we know you wish you could have been here. We love you all!!

After the Baptism we had a BBQ at our house, and just enjoyed everyone's company.

Brayden's Grandparents sure love him.....what a lucky guy!


We enjoyed being together as a family....just playing with cousins, playing football, taking pictures of funny faces, having a water spitting contest, playing games....it doesn't get any better than this!

I don't know if words can express how I feel. It was an incredible experience to witness our first child getting baptized. As I watched LeGrand and Brayden enter the waters my heart was over flowing with gratitude. I'm grateful for this gospel. I'm grateful that LeGrand holds and honors his priesthood so that he can baptize our children. I'm grateful for all the family and friends that were there to support us, both in body and spirit. I'm grateful that we know that we can be together forever as a family. Feeling all these feelings made me want to be better. A better mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend and daughter of God. I have so much to be grateful for. It's day's like this that life feels perfect!!!

5 comments:

kelly said...

Make sure Brayden writes that in his new journal!

Emily Rasmussen said...

Becca, reading your last little thought got me all choked up. We love you Brayden. I wish we could have been there. What a perfect day!

Brandi Lyn said...

We feel so lucky to have been there! We had loads of fun with you and your cute little family Becs. We love you. And we are SO proud of little Bray-man! What a special young man you are raising. :) When you get a spare minute (no rush) will you send me all those pictures from the baptism day. I want to put those pictures in our scrapbook. We love you!

Kirsten said...

Oh you guys, we were the ones that were definately there in spirit and would have done anything to have been there with you.

Brayden I had tears running down my face seeing you in your baptism outfit. You have grown up too quick! I remember when you were born. Life goes by so fast. We are so proud of you and the choices you are making. YOu are such a good examples to your younger siblings but also your younger cousins. We love you buddy!

LeGrand and Becca you are doing a wonderful job. We sure wish we could have been there with you. Congrats on an amazing ten years as well. You are wonderful and we hope the next ten years are just as great.

Brooke Hill said...

Congrats to Brayden!!! I am sad that I could not be there! I love you all though. Becca, the girl's hair looks so cute!! They look so old now! Man they grow up fast!!