Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Break- Hiking in the American Fork Canyon

On Monday of Spring Break I got the brilliant idea, it was to go and hike up to Timpanogas Cave...Yeah I even went online and looked at the details of the hike... So we got all loaded up and all excited to go, we drove there only to see that there was lots of snow still up there and that the Cave was closed for the Season. I can't believe I didn't think of that...our snow at our house just melted, I guess I just assumed that it would be melted up there too. I felt pretty dumb, the kids were disappointed that they couldn't go into the "Cave" but we decided to make it a fun day anyways!!! We found another nature trail in the American Fork Canyon and we went hiking! We hiked to a picnic area and had our lunch. We played by the river, climbed on rocks....it ended up being perfect even if it wasn't what we had planned to do.
Aren't they just the cutest hikers you have ever seen?!?!?!
Adelyn is growing up so fast. Brayden found her a hiking stick and she loved it. Thanks Brayden!!!
Here's my big Bray-Man!!! He is such a mountian goat. He loves exploring, climbing, throwing rocks into the river and leading the way!!
Kolby was happy and content the whole time. He looks so small next to his daddy. I love these guys!!!
Sophie get the most improved hiker award. At the beginning she was tenative and scared, always wanting to hold my hand...but then she became a little mountian goat too. She realized that it can be really fun to go hiking and exploring!! Good Job Sophie!!
Adelyn is so beautiful!! She was having a great time but then got alittle worried when we saw a sign that said "Stay on the path, rattlesnack reserve" She was really brave though and we didn't have any problems after that of "Staying on the path!" ;)
Here is a picture of how much braver Sophie got. She walked over to this big rock with Brayden and climbed up it all by herself!! Brayden was a big helper too. He's such a good big brother!!
Our four amazings kiddos!!! I'm the luckiest mom in the world!!!
Brayden was flinging his rope to the tree so he could climb up it. What a goof ball!!;)

Adelyn did the whole hike all by herself too!! What a big girl. Thanks for being my special helper Addy!!
Kolby helped me get lunch all ready. My little buddy!!
Being out in the nature felt soooo good since we have been cooped up inside all winter because of the cold and a new baby!! Spring is beautiful, it's so rejuvinating and I love it!! It's fun to go out and do family activities outside again!!!

Here is my climber man!
Our cute family!!! I love you guys!!
Wow, everyone was pretty tired, it was the kids idea to do a sleeping picture. I love it. Everyone did really good, except I think they forgot to explain the idea to Kolby!! ;) We had a great day. I love spending time together. Fun memories!!

8 comments:

kelly said...

How fun! We love hiking! The girls hair looks so cute. Adelyn's is getting so long, I love it. I can't wait to do Peyton's hair! I would have been a little spooked about the rattlesnakes as well. What a great reason to stay on the path!

Kirsten said...

I love the girls hair too. I am going to have to try that one. You are so creative! I love, love your Spring Break. You guys did so many fun things and it looks like you had so much fun hangning out together as a family. I can't wait to go camping with you guys someday. We'll have to take you to Hocking Hills to hike around this summer. The kids would love all the water falls! I can't wait to hear all about Goblin Valley too! We love you guys and MISS you so much!

The Gage Cage said...

Hey Becca,

You do have a darling family! Love the hair! I also love the journal idea Legrand did for you. I can't think of any suggestions off the top of my head. I'll be returning often to see what other people suggest. I love reading their ideas too.

I am going to Womens Conference in Utah. I wasn't sure if you'd be able to go because of Kolby. I'd love to see you. One class I WILL NOT miss is "Good Better and Best" on pg 15. I'm going to Sis. Lawrence's class. Sis. Lawrence teaches a scripture class every wed. night at her house that I go to. She is amazing!!! She studied a lot of doctrine when she went to BYU and she was a seminary teacher. She is a genius with a memory that is unbelievable. More importantly, she teaches with the spirit! Her husband was my stake Pres. in the North Stake when I was growing up. Now he is our Area Authority. He always attends her classes too. It is the highlight of my week and I can't wait for her class.

Do you have any inside scoop of teachers that I shouldn't miss? This is my first time to be able to go. They all sound so good it is hard to choose.

Kelly and Kimberly said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe how much Adelyn looks like you Becca. Great pictures.

Emily Rasmussen said...

When we are in Utah this summer we have to do the caves together. We were going to do the caves before we moved but my surgeries sort of killed it. Super cute pictures!

Jaime said...

I loved seeing your hiking pictures! How fun--we love to hike too. Your girls look so much like you! It's so funny to remember you and LeGrand as a young newly wed couple and then now to see you with four children! You've passed me up! You're such a cute family!!

Do you remember Amy Webster? I heard just the other day that her husband was bishop now in the Millbrook ward. Maybe you've kept up better with people in Fresno.

Jensen Family said...

Hey Becca! This is Jessica Unsell - I am happy I found you on here, and I can't believe how beautiful your kids are (I take that back, I can believe it!). I love camping to and seeing these pictures makes me want to go so bad! I hope everything else is going great! Love you!!! p.s. I miss your family!

Carrie said...

Hi, Becca!
It's Carrie Davis. I have to tell you that I get emotional when I look at your blog! I think others will agree with me that you are inspirational! The way you love your family just makes me want to go out and make more memories with my kids and love them more! Thanks for your influence!
~Carrie