Thursday, February 25, 2010

Boys will be boys---Taking me back!!!

These pictures take me back....let me explain....
As a little girl I had an older Brother. (Yes he's still my older Brother!!)  Ammon and I were good friends. When we were little I remember always wanting to play with him. One day he was playing with one of his friends, the friend didn't want me to play too. I was devastated. This was at time that if I could have I would have married my big brother. I will never forget what Ammon did. He told his friend that if I couldn't play with them he wasn't going to play either. Oh, I was blessed with such a good big brother!!! When I see Adelyn playing Football or Basketball with Brayden and his friends it makes me feel so grateful that my little girl has such a good big brother too.

(I found this picture and it made me laugh out loud! This is me with 2 of my brothers, Ammon and Stewart. These are some of the greatest guys I know.You've got to love the fact that Stewart only has one shoe on and you've got to love Ammon's helmet and goggles....I love it!!!!!)

The other thing that takes me back with I see that picture is looking at LeGrand. When LeGrand get home he can't wait to go out and play with the kids. Most of the time with the neighborhood boys ask if Brayden can play they also ask if the Bishop can come out and play too. For those of you that have known me for a long time you will understand why this takes me back. I never really thought that I would marry someone just like my dad. But I did. LeGrand reminds me of my dad in so many ways, not only that they both are in the same career, both have been Bishops, are both worthy righteous priesthood holders, are incredibly busy but make time to coach their children's sports, spend time with their families....the list could go on, but I think you get the point....
When I was little I remember my dad getting home from work and playing with us....sometime he was even still in his suit.(Remind you of anyone?) He loved playing with us when he got home, he would play with all the neighbor kids too. Here are some pictures that I found of my dad playing with us after he got home from work. I think my Daddy is one of the most incredible man ever. I feel blessed everyday that I married someone who has so many characteristics of my Dad.
Ok, I guess enough flash backs....  Our front yard is perfect for a Football game!! 
---------------------------------------------------------------
When it's FREEZING outside, our kitchen becomes a really happening place....
That's right, it becomes a Basketball Court.  Brayden, Peter Douglas, Riley Dustin and Bailey just doing what boys do best!!
Now for their dunk contests!!  Heres Bailey...
Peter...
Riley...
Last but not least....Brayden...
Fun times!! 

1 comment:

Emily Rasmussen said...

love it all! and I loved talking to you yesterday! Made me smile the whole rest of the day thinking about summer fun we'll be having. :O)