Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kolby's Eye

Sad story!!! If you can see in the picture, there is a cut on Kolby's left eye. (the eye on the right side of the picture.) I noticed it one day, but thought it might be just something on his eye. It wasn't red and it wasn't bothering him at all. Then about a week and a half later I noticed that it was still there. You can only see it when the light hits it just right. Anyways I called my Optometrist and took Kolby in to get checked out. They found out after they dyed his eye that he has a huge cut right across his line of vision. They told us that if it scars there isn't anything that we can do and that it will affect his vision. They gave us eye drops to put in it and we went back a week later. It did scar, I was disappointed, but we have to take him back in a year to get it checked out again. The eye Dr. said that children's eyes grow till they are 8 and so that scar might just shift down since it's at the bottom of his line of vision. We are praying that this will happen. Even though I was sad for Kolby we did experience a HUGE MIRACLE. Kolby was never in pain. The Dr. said that he has never seen someone that cut their cornea especially as big as Kolby did and not have it hurt a ton. He said that he has grown men in there all the time in tears because they are in so much pain. I wish Kolby's eye didn't get cut. We don't even know how it happened. But I'm truly grateful that he wasn't in any pain. That is a Miracle.

4 comments:

Emily Rasmussen said...

we've been praying for him too!

Em said...

wow. that is amazing because i scraped/burned all the epithelial corneal cells from my eye a few months ago and i was in tears for hours. it was more pain than medication-free childbirth and that's no exaggeration. hope it gets better! mine is 100% fine now

Jarom said...

Oww! That looks so sad! But truly what a great blessing that he wasn't suffering with it. We'll add him to our prayers. Poor thing.

kelly said...

Poor baby! It doesn't look nearly as bad as Peyton's and apparently hurts much less but how awful. I am glad there is at least a chance that it will move down. I wonder what he see's out of it. That could be extrememly annoying. I will tell the family and make sure we add it to our prayers.