Monday, April 13, 2009

An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ

We had a wonderful Easter Sunday, Filled with the Savior, Family, Easter Egg hunts....but I think it's important to remember what East is really about. Easter Sunday is all about - the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ. This video was made by our church especially for this holiday. Take a few moments (4 minutes and 25 seconds) to watch and then share the following video, "Easter Message—None Were with Him," in which Elder Jeffrey R. Holland describes the Savior’s solitary journey to overcome sin and death and testifies of the resulting blessings to all mankind.

5 comments:

The San Diego Mills said...

Thank you for sharing this. What a powerful and great talk by Elder Holland. They have done such a great job on these Mormon Messages. They are always very touching. Glad to hear that you had a nice Easter holiday!

Jaime said...

I enjoyed this immensely. I'm going to have to figure out how to put up these you tube videos on my blog. Thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

It's a challenge to keep the focus on the Savior when the eggs and candy stuff tends to be out of control, but it's so worth it. Thanks for sharing!
Do you guys want to come over for FHE next week? We could BBQ for dinner and have a short (has to be for our boys) lesson! Hopefully the weather will be nice??? We're enjoying the sunshine today but I hear snow is coming later in the week. Let us know if you'll be around and that works with your schedule. We would love it! Miles cried when I got home from your house and he realized he missed seeing Brayden.

Kirsten said...

I think this movie is beautiful too. These are really great treasures. We found this on Easter (lds.org) is our home page, and I just happened to click on it. I watched it and got all choked up and then called Ammon and the kids upstairs. We used it for scripture study on Easter evening and it was the perfect way to end a wonderful Easter day-thinking about Christ. The line you picked out was my favorite too. Thanks for sharing this...I love you tons!!!

natalie a said...

I can always count on you two to bring back the spirit... thanks!