Lots of people have asked me how I did the Cinderella Cake, so I here it is... I wish I took pictures step by step of the Cake process. I'll just explain it, it's really simple!!
1) Get a picture from a coloring book. Sophie wanted Cinderella obviously so that's the one I choose.
2) Make the cake and let it cool all the way. Then Frost it.
3) Make the diffrent colors of frosting. I usually use the Wilton cake decorating frosting, but for the big areas without alot of detail the regular tub of store bought frosting works great( you can make your own frosting, but we like the ones you buy! Who knows maybe I just need some yummy recipes for frosting...if you have any, let me know. Krista Gage, I want your frosting recipes!!! ) Set aside the frostings.
4) Tape the coloring page to a cookie sheet. Tape a piece of wax paper over the coloring page. (See the picture!!!)
5) Trace the coloring page with black frosting(you will need to have black food coloring, I use the Black Wilton one, then fill in the rest of the colors with your star tip, you can use a large star one to make it go faster... I usually stick in the freezer for a bit between each color so that it will harden. Changing the colors and cleaning out the bag and the tips is the most time consuming part...
6) When your picture is all filled and frozen you just take the wax paper off the cookie sheet and flip in upside down on the top of the iced cake. You will notice that the picture on the cake will be backwards..
7) Once it's on, push down lightly then peel the wax paper off.
8) It's easy and looks really cool!!! The fun thing is that you can make any cake, any theme, any character you want. You probably want a picture without too many details or too many diffrent colors, but really the possibilities are endless. Oh one more suggestion. a solid image is was easier. Last year I tried doing this with a crown and the crown had some wispys on it and they didn't transfer without cracking.... the oval cinderella was perfect!!! Good luck, let me know if you have any questions!!! I love this technique because the kids think it's sooo cool that Mom can make any kind of cake, it looks impressive but it doesn't take alot of skill.